TITLE: Ticketing and Volunteer Manager
STATUS: Part-time – 20 hours per week
SALARY SCALE: $22.00/hour
SUPERVISOR: General Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday July 10, 2022
ArtsWest’s mission is to produce artistic events that provoke conversation, spark the imagination and use live theater as a powerful agent of change. ArtsWest values all employees not just for their roles as staff, but for all that makes them who they are. We recognize that identity contains multitudes and is fluid, intersectional and vitally important.
Whether an employee fulfills an administrative, creative or hospitality role, we consider our entire team to be artists in their own right. We are a small but nimble team that allows for collaboration and a lot of independent work.
We seek to find people who are dedicated to the mission of this organization, who embrace anti-racist and anti-oppressive values, and who understand the privilege and responsibility we have as theater producers. As an organization, we care about our people and behave accordingly, centering relational work on transactional processes.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Box Office and Volunteer Manager is the face of ArtsWest to our patrons and volunteers. As such, it is essential that this position provides exemplary customer service and great care in providing the best possible experience for patrons and volunteers, with a clear focus on upholding ArtsWest values. The position oversees the day-to-day operation of the ticket office and volunteer program, including supervising front desk staff.
TYPICAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
• Ensures a high quality experience for ArtsWest customers by supporting the professional operation of the front, including but not limited to selling tickets and subscriptions to customers over the phone and in person, resolution ticketing and customer placement issues, evaluation and provision of complimentary tickets and other accommodations.
• Updates patron contact information in Patron Manager, uploads patron content to our patron databases.
• Prepares Patron Manager reports as required to meet marketing, development and management needs.
• Oversees the subscription process each season, which includes ticketing through Patron Manager, subscriber seating, tracking new orders, dispatching tickets and vouchers
by mail and be available by phone and email during ticketing hours to assist our customers.
• Create events and subscriptions in Patron Manager, keeping the ticketing page on Patron Manager up to date.
• Supports subscriber retention through preparation and distribution of pre-show emails to subscribers. Supports the Marketing Manager in running surveys or other forms of subscriber reporting
• Ensures that the box office, gallery, concessions and theater are safe, clean and inviting through the personal work and supervision of reception staff.
• Prepares, updates and distributes schedules of performances and events in front of the hall.
• Performs house manager and bartender duties as required.
• Ensures front desk staff maintain food handler and bartender licenses.
• Ensures that cash flow processes and risk management systems are adhered to by reception staff.
• Tracks the status of concession supplies and ensures that adequate stock is maintained and that the concession room is clean and tidy.
• Oversees a volunteer program that is accessible, timely and compliant with legal requirements for volunteers and the organization while maintaining AW’s values.
• Works with the Relationship Manager to support volunteer recruitment, training and recognition.
• Works with all departments – production, marketing and development to match volunteers to organizational needs.
• Collects, processes and maintains volunteer registration forms including WA State background check.
• Keep track of volunteer hours.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills.
• A work history or experience with customer service.
• An enterprising person who sees opportunities to improve situations and can solve problems along the way.
• Must have a sense of humor and find joy in managing customer interactions.
• A self-starter and diplomatic person who can stay on top of their own work, but also cross paths with all ArtsWest staff.
• Knowledge of Patron Manager or other donor/client based software is preferred but not required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Outlook, an asset.
• Experience working in a theater or performing arts organization and/or demonstrated affinity for the performing arts desired.
HOURS AND REMUNERATION
The Box Office & Volunteer Manager is a part-time position that pays $22/hour and follows all City of Seattle and State employment laws regarding sick leave, FMLA, etc. .
The majority of this work is done in the evenings and on weekends. Our current hours of operation are Thursdays and Fridays 4-7pm and Sundays 11am-3pm. Hours in addition to these public hours would be a mix of on-site and/or remote work checking emails, attending staff meetings, buying concessions. There are weeks when the hours may exceed 20 hours and these will be scheduled taking into account the availability of the ticket office manager and volunteers.
ArtsWest is located at 4711 California Ave. SW at Heart of Alaska Junction in West Seattle. There is paid parking behind the building, with free parking available on residential streets within 4 blocks west and south of the theater. The King County Subway has a stop for the C line on the same block as the building.
APPLICATION DETAILS AND DEADLINE
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter in PDF format, which outlines how your experience and skills qualify you for the position, to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until Sunday, July 10, 2022. Applications will be considered after the posting closes. Interviews will be scheduled at the end of July with an estimated start date of Thursday, August 4, 2022.
As a historically white-led organization, ArtsWest is committed to operating as an anti-racist institution in all of its operations. You can read more about our anti-racism commitments here.
Our policies regarding hiring and employment at ArtsWest are designed to make it clear to all levels of the organization that we honor and value the lived experience and truths of human beings and the energies and talents they bring to their work. A wide range of lived experiences is welcome. We invite those whose purpose is to create an environment of abundant and creative space, especially for those whose identities and intersecting voices have been historically excluded, marginalized or erased.
For more information about our mission, values, hiring practices, production practices and more, please visit https://www.artswest.org/about/work-with-us/, and do not please feel free to contact Laura Lee, Executive Director at [email protected]