Did you hear the news last month? Marvel’s Spider-Man series is coming to PC, and we couldn’t be more excited for a whole new group of gamers to discover these games!
We at Insomniac Games were privileged to work with our partner PlayStation Studios and experienced PC developer Nixxes Software to create these PC releases. It’s been a labor of love for all of us over the past year, and today we can finally reveal more details about the features and improvements you’ll see when Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered releases. August 12 on PC. There’s also an exciting pre-purchase announcement, read on for details!
First, let’s discuss the graphics features newly available in the PC version of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered. Our goal was to make this game a visual stunner on the PC platform, which meant opening up wide configurability to PC users with different hardware, as well as introducing new techniques and tools to push things even further. . To provide an abbreviated list:
- Ray-traced reflections are available throughout the game for those whose hardware supports them. Reflections also have various quality levels, one of which is a new, higher quality ray tracing mode that provides even more detail of the city when browsing the web and fighting crime in the Marvel’s New York.
- NVIDIA DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) boosts graphics performance using dedicated Tensor Core AI processors found only on GeForce RTX GPUs, increasing frame rates with uncompromising image quality.
- NVIDIA DLAA (Deep Learning Anti-Aliasing) is an AI-based anti-aliasing mode for GeForce RTX gamers who have additional GPU headroom and want higher levels of image quality.
- Beyond the choice of output resolutions, we also support a wide range of display formats, including 21:9 ultrawide, 32:9 widescreen, and NVIDIA Surround multi-monitor setups.* If you have three monitors, we have the game for you to show them off with!
- Many other rendering systems are more customizable than before, with additional quality levels and algorithmic options. These include SSAO, texture filtering, LoD quality, shadows, and more. We support windowed, fullscreen, and exclusive fullscreen rendering modes.
In addition to PC graphics features, there are several peripherals and customization options. With PlayStation DualSense wireless controller support, PC gamers will experience adaptive trigger feedback and incredible haptic response while battling iconic Marvel villains. ** Mouse and keyboard support – during gameplay and throughout the game UI – provide a completely different customizable control option for those who prefer it. With Steam Input support, countless remapping options are available, and the game will also offer several accessibility features. Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered will also support achievements and cloud saves on Steam and the Epic Games Store.
While we’ve clearly worked hard to add high-end graphics features for those with powerful gaming rigs and fancy new graphics cards, we’ve also tried to ensure that people with all kinds of PCs can enjoy Marvel’s Spider-Man. Remastered to the max. As such, we can now announce some details about minimum and recommended specs, as well as specs for different levels of graphics presets.
Now that you know what you’re getting with our new PC version of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, you’re surely counting the days until its release on August 12th. Luckily, I’m happy to announce that we’re also offering a pre-purchase item pack. If you pre-purchase before the game launches, you’ll get:
- Early unlock for three Spider-Man suits
- The High Tech Iron Spider Costume
- The one-of-a-kind Spider-Punk costume
- The Original Velocity Suit
- An early unlock of the Spider-Drone combat gadget
- 5 extra skill points to spend on Spidey upgrades
On behalf of everyone at Insomniac and our close partners at Nixxes, we can’t wait for you to put all your hands, mice, keyboards and GPUs into Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered when it releases on PC on August 12th!
*Compatible PC and display device required.
** Use a wired connection to experience the full feature set of the DualSense controller in-game.