As a physician-led provider of financially secure professional medical liability coverage for more than 40 years, The Cooperative of American Physicians, Inc. (CAP) understands that success in medicine requires more than just strong protection against malpractice lawsuits and believes that all physicians should have easy access to the resources needed to help maintain the viability of their practices.
You can access the following resources, all offered free of charge by CAP:
- Group buying program to save up to 20% on essential supplies
- Up-to-date HR manual for medical practices
- On-demand educational webinars
- CME Virtual Programs
- Pedagogical guides related to practice
- And more!
Plus, when you get medical malpractice coverage through CAP, you have access to even more benefits to help you succeed.
- Competitive rates – Support a healthy bottom line
- Telemedicine coverage – Included when providing care to California patients
- Earlier Acts (nose) Coverage – Eliminates the need to purchase tail coverage from your current carrier
- Free tail cover – Retired
Included with Membership – Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, CyberRisk Liability Insurance, and Employment Practices and Administrative Defense Coverage. Plus, the option to purchase up to $10,000 per month of additional disability insurance and up to $500,000 of life insurance, guaranteed at great rates*.
Free risk management and practice management services
- Individual assistance – Including free risk and company assessments
- Free HR support – Help you manage a high performing workforce
- 24/7 risk management hotline – Provide advice on a variety of issues, such as informed consent, clinical operations, patient experience, etc.
- 24/7 support for adverse event management – Non-judgmental, confidential and objective support after an adverse patient event
CAP remains committed to providing physicians with safe and affordable protection and relevant risk management and practice management resources to help them practice safe and effective practices.
Medical malpractice coverage is provided to CAP members through the Mutual Protection Trust (MPT), an unincorporated interindemnity arrangement organized under Section 1280.7 of the California Insurance Code. Members pay tax-deductible dues, based on risk classification, for the amount needed to pay claims and administrative costs. No assurance can be given as to the number or frequency of assessments. Members also make an initial tax-deductible trust deposit, which is refundable in accordance with the terms of the MPT agreement.
Exclusions apply for life and disability insurance coverage
Telemedicine coverage subject to underwriting approval and certain exclusions