April on Disney+ brings several premieres, including the original movie, “Better Nate Than Ever,” and the “Sketchbook” and “Scrat Tales” series.
Earth Day also occurs on April 22, and Disney+ will feature several new nature titles to enjoy with the family, including Disneynature’s “Polar Bear.”
The month also includes new episodes of Marvel Studios’ “Moon Knight” and the season finale of “The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder.”
Here are all the titles coming to Disney+ in April 2022:
friday april 1st
Herbie: fully charged
Better Nate than ever – First
- Thirteen-year-old Nate has big dreams on Broadway. But when he’s not cast in the school play, he and his best friend Libby sneak into the Big Apple, where he unexpectedly reunites with his long-lost Aunt Heidi. Together they must prove that life’s greatest adventures are as big as your dreams.
Wednesday 6 April
moon knight – Episode 2
The Proud Family: Stronger and Prouder – Episode 8 “Homeschooling”
friday april 8
Chasing the Mavericks
Wednesday April 13
moon knight – Episode 3
The proud family: stronger and prouder – Episode 9 “Rage Bully”
Tales of Scrat – Season 1 premiere (all episodes streaming)
- “Ice Age: Scrat Tales” is a series of six all-new animated shorts featuring Scrat, the hapless saber-toothed squirrel from the “Ice Age” adventures, who experiences the ups and downs of fatherhood, as he and the lovable, mischievous Baby Scrat alternately bond with each other and fight for ownership of the highly prized Acorn.
Wednesday April 20
moon knight – Episode 4
The proud family: stronger and prouder – Episode 10 “Old Towne Road” (Season 1 finale)
Friday, April 22 (Earth Day)
Bear witness – First
- “Bear Witness” travels alongside the filmmakers behind Disneynature’s “Polar Bear” as they face profound challenges 300 miles from the North Pole. The team, which created a groundbreaking arctic camp on location, navigated virtually impassable snow banks and thin pack ice, harvesting unprecedented footage revealing adaptive behaviors that surprised even this team of veteran filmmakers.
The Biggest Little Farm: The Return – First
- National Geographic’s Disney+ Earth Day special “The Biggest Little Farm: The Return” is based on the award-winning 2018 feature-length documentary that tells the story of John and Molly Chester, who abandon their city life in Los Angeles. Angeles to live on a barren farm to grow delicious food in harmony with nature in Ventura County. The new special follows the farmers’ tireless 10-year journey as they turn the land into a magical farm and document the entire process in this heartwarming special that’s akin to a veritable ‘Charlotte’s Web’. Apricot Lane Farms is a beautiful and complex world that reflects our planet’s biodiversity, and this special introduces audiences to animals that will quickly burrow into their hearts, like Georgie the gopher-eating egret, Emma the pig who welcomes her new litter and an adorable lamb named Moe who thinks he’s a dog. This Earth Day, learn how farmers are using nature’s interconnectedness to support healthy soils, maximize biodiversity, and regeneratively grow the most nutrient-dense foods possible.
Explorer: The Last Tepui – First
- National Geographic’s Disney+ Earth Day special “Explorer: The Last Tepui” follows elite mountaineer Alex Honnold (“Free Solo”) and a world-class climbing team led by National Geographic Explorer and mountaineer Mark Synnott on a grueling mission deep in the Amazon jungle as they attempt a first ascent of a steep 1000ft cliff. Their goal is to bring legendary National Geographic biologist and explorer Bruce Means to the top of a huge “island in the sky” known as the tepui. The team must first navigate miles of dangerous jungle terrain to help Dr. Means complete his life’s work, searching for undiscovered animal species in the cliff. The hour-long special is the latest episode in National Geographic’s long-running “Explorer” series. On this Earth Day, discover why the tepuis – like the Galapagos – are a treasure trove of biodiversity that deserves to be protected.
Polar bear – First
- Narrated by two-time Oscar® nominee Catherine Keener (“Capote,” “Being John Malkovich”), Disneynature’s “Polar Bear” tells the story of a new mother whose memories of her own youth prepare her to navigate the motherhood in increasingly difficult conditions. world that polar bears face today. Directed by Alastair Fothergill and Jeff Wilson, the directing team behind Disneynature’s “Penguins” and produced by Fothergill, Wilson, Jason Roberts, Keith Scholey and Roy Conli, “Polar Bear” will launch exclusively on Disney+ on April 22, 2022.
Wednesday April 27
moon knight – Episode 5
Sketchbook – Season 1 premiere (all episodes streaming)
- An intimate educational documentary series, Sketchbook takes us to the desks and into the lives of talented artists and animators. Each episode focuses on a single artist teaching us how to draw a single iconic character from a Walt Disney Animation Studios film. As we learn the stages of drawing these characters, we also discover that the artists themselves each have a unique story to tell about how they got to Disney and the character they got. selected. From the creators of Chef’s Table, this exclusive experience will give viewers of all ages a new understanding of how these beloved characters come to life on screen while introducing them to a new cast of real-life characters along the way.