Bell Media recently updated its Crave app for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to support Apple’s Spatial Audio feature, which is essentially surround sound.
“Spatial Audio with Dynamic Head Tracking brings cinema sound from the movie or video you’re watching, so sound seems to be coming from all around you,” Apple says of the feature.
According to Crave, Spatial Audio support is coming for “available content”. So if you watch a movie with the following earphones, headsets, and Apple devices, you can get Spatial Audio:
- AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), or Beats Fit Pro
- iPhone 7 or later or one of these iPad models:
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation) and later
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air (3rd generation) and later
- iPad (6th generation) and later
- iPad mini (5th generation) and later
- iOS or iPadOS 14 or later
- Apple TV 4K with tvOS 15
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2021
- Audiovisual content of a supported application
After watching some Crave content yesterday with AirPods Max on an Apple TV 4K, Spatial Audio appeared to work fine. We’ve contacted Bell Media for more details on the latest update.
Other streaming services like Disney+ and Netflix also support Apple’s Spatial Audio.
Another new feature of this Crave app update is the availability of described video on some content, while VoiceOver support is also improved for video playback.
Click here to download Crave for iOS from the App Store. Click here to see what’s new in Crave for March 2022.